What is this?

Welcome to Lurking in the Pages!! This is a review blog for books. The reviews are short for a purpose. If you just happen to walk into Chapters and see a book that interests you, whip out that handy dandy smartphone of yours and check out my review.
Reviews-To-Go!

Happy reading!

Friday 3 October 2014

Beautiful Oblivion By: Jamie McGuire


   Jamie McGuire is an author who captivated me with Beautiful Disaster. I find myself checking her website to see when her next book comes out. Beautiful Oblivion is the first book in a spin-off series surrounding the love of the Maddox Brothers. This first book is surrounding the love of Trenton Maddox. Told from the point of view of his love interest Camille Camlin. Camille has known Trenton Maddox since grade school; and she has known that Trenton's trouble since grade school. Trenton is a player, a drunk, and one of the most temperamental men to ever walk the earth. So why does he keep showing up at her work and trying to get closer to her? Camille refuses to be another notch in Trent's bedpost, but what if he wants more than just a night together?
  This book is intense. It had me hooked from the beginning and never released it's hold. There are very few writers who's writing style I find very distinct. Jamie McGuire is one of those rare writers. I start one of her books think I know how to navigate the plot line but find myself utterly thrown every time. Jamie McGuire never writes the same thing twice. Every book is so completely and utterly unique it throws me for a loop.
   This book is an utter masterpiece. It's like a piece of music solo. The book starts out soft and light with an introduction. Then the more you read the more everything gets thrown at you and more gets added until you reach the climax of the book before it tapers off again. The way Jamie McGuire creates characters seems almost mystical. The characters seem so real, but at the same time they seem completely fictionalized.
   This book is one of the few I would read again and again. Not just re-reading my favorite scenes, but re-reading the entire book. This book is perfect for those who are starved for, not just romance, but sacrifice and adventure as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment