What is this?

Welcome to Lurking in the Pages!! This is a review blog for books. The reviews are short for a purpose. If you just happen to walk into Chapters and see a book that interests you, whip out that handy dandy smartphone of yours and check out my review.
Reviews-To-Go!

Happy reading!

Monday 14 December 2015

Attachments By: Rainbow Rowell





   *Sigh* I'm not sure how to feel about this book. I love it and at the same time I feel cheated out of an ending.
   Attachments is a story about Lincoln O'Neill, a man employed for "Internet security". Really, the job entails Lincoln reading the emails of the employees at The Courier. Although the job makes Lincoln feel a bit like a creep, he starts to enjoy the job a bit more when he encounters the emails of Beth and Jennifer. Two friends who have a sharp wit, a caring heart, and a procrastination problem. Things start to get crazy when Lincoln starts to fall for Beth. He knows everything about her, but she doesn't even know he works there. Or does she?
   This book bothers me. I can't strictly say it was a good book, but I can't say that it's bad either. The story was good, but it seemed like it wasn't finished. Like when you do a term paper the night before it's due and you think it's done when really, you stopped your thought process once you hit the word count you needed.
   It felt like I was waiting for the book to start. I kept reading and reading and by the time I got to page 300 I was still waiting. For all the detail put into the book, the ending made it all for nothing. An epilogue would have made a world of difference. The characters were well developed, but it seemed like the plot was almost forgotten about.
   I wouldn't recommend this book for the sheer fact that the ending will disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment