What is this?

Welcome to Lurking in the Pages!! This is a review blog for books. The reviews are short for a purpose. If you just happen to walk into Chapters and see a book that interests you, whip out that handy dandy smartphone of yours and check out my review.
Reviews-To-Go!

Happy reading!

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Waterfall by: Lauren Kate

   I have never been more disappointed in a book in my entire life. After I finished Teardrop I was so excited to read Waterfall. The book started out strong and kept me interested, but by the middle of the book it seemed like a broken record.
   I have to say, the plot development in this book was so predictable it annoyed me.
       ~Girl has magical powers
      ~Girl almost destroys the world
      ~Girl stops loving everyone
      ~Girl falls into self loathing
      ~Girl realizes she was wrong but is too late.
 I had such high hopes for this book! It makes me angry that the book wasn't anything spectacular. It had to capacity to be great!
     The characters are just as bad as the plot. Eureka puts her feelings above her younger siblings, her best friend, the boy who loves her, and everyone else who cared about her. Ander doesn't stop his love parade on Eureka even though she's made it clear she loves Brooks. Cat hates Eureka for what she's done. And her dad kept being supportive. The only characters I could stand by the end of the book were Claire and William.
   I recommend this book for people who want a sappy, generic main character. The only thing this book is good for is to know how Eureka stopped Atlantis. Other than that it's a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment